President Donald J. Trump has announced his intent to nominate Richard Glick of Virginia to be a Member of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for the remainder of a 5-year term expiring June 30, 2022.
Glick currently serves as General Counsel for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Prior to joining the Committee staff in February 2016, Glick served as Vice President, Government Affairs for Iberdrola’s renewable energy, electric and gas utility, and natural gas storage businesses in the United States. Throughout his career, Glick also has served in the following positions:
- Director of Government Affairs for PPM Energy
- Director, Government Affairs for PacifiCorp— a multistate electric utility company
- Senior Policy Advisor to Secretary of Energy Bill Richardson.
- Legislative Director and Chief Counsel to Senator Dale Bumpers of Arkansas
- Associate with the law firm of Verner, Liipfert, Bernhard, McPherson and Hand
Glick received a B.A. from George Washington University and a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center.