Synertec has been awarded the contract to design, supply and commission the process control & safety system for Jemena’s $800 million Northern Gas Pipeline. The contract is set to commence immediately (Q4 2016) with completion due in mid-2018.
The Northern Gas Pipeline will span between Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory and Mount Isa in Queensland. The aim of this 622km pipeline is to connect gas fields in the Northern Territory to Australia’s east coast gas market.
Synertec’s engineering and supply scope includes:
- PLC Automated Control System
- Flow Computers and Gas Metering Systems
- Remote Telemetry Systems (RTUs)
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) compliant with Functional Safety Standards
- Electrical Design
- Electrical Panel Fabrication
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and Commissioning