McDermott Awarded Contract In Gulf

October 2012, Vol. 239 No. 10

A McDermott International, Inc. subsidiary has been awarded a contract by the Discovery system for offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico.

Williams Partners L.P. owns 60% of the Discovery system and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners, LP owns the other 40%.

The project is to deliver new junction facilities for Discovery’s Keathley Canyon Connector™ pipeline system with a 3,300-ton, four-leg platform in 350-feet of water. The unmanned platform will provide pipeline junction facilities for incoming deepwater pipelines from the Hadrian South and Lucius fields and for outgoing shallow-water pipelines to shore.