October 2016, Vol. 243, No. 10

Features

French Pipeline Strategy Moves Ahead

France is the fourth-largest gas market in Europe, consuming 50 Bcm, which is about 10% of EU demand. France is heavily dependent on gas imports, with 30% of those arrives by tanker as LNG and the remaining 70% as piped in. The imports come from five European countries, via gas interconnectors, according to Eurostat 2016. The French transmission network is the longest in Europe, dominated by just two companies: GRTgaz, which transmits gas from three northern interconnectors to the western, northern and southern regions and TIGF, which transmits gas arriving through two southern interconnectors to the southwestern region adjoining the border with Andorra and Spain (Figure 1). Figure 1: Th

Log in to view this article.

Not Yet A Subscriber? Here are Your Options.

1) Start a FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION and gain access to all articles in the current issue of Pipeline & Gas Journal magazine.

2) Start your full access subscription to Pipeline & Gas Journal and gain UNLIMITED access to this article, the current issue, all past issues in the technical archive, access to all special reports, special focus supplements and more. Pricing start at $395/year.   

*Access will be granted the next business day.

 

Related Articles

Comments

{{ error }}
{{ comment.comment.Name }} • {{ comment.timeAgo }}
{{ comment.comment.Text }}