February 2013, Vol. 240 No. 2


Technip Awarded Pipeline Installation Contract In Gulf

Technip was awarded by the Discovery System a lump sum pipeline installation contract for Discovery’s South Timbalier Block 283 Junction Platform project in the Gulf of Mexico.

The pipelines will be installed between existing facilities in South Timbalier 280 and Ewing Bank 873 and the new platform in Block 283, at water depths ranging from 83-244 meters.

The contract covers project management, engineering, transport, installation and pre-commissioning: 15.8 km of 12-inch pipeline; and 13.9 km 30-inch pipeline. Technip’s operating center in Houston will perform the overall project management and engineering.

Offshore installation will be performed in 2013 with the G1200 as the primary installation vessel for all pipelay. Pre-commissioning will be completed by one of the Technip diving support vessels.

David Dickson, Technip’s senior vice president, North America region, said, “This award is the largest-diameter pipelay contract for Technip in the Gulf of Mexico, thanks to the acquisition of Global Industries. This 30-inch pipeline will also be the largest diameter lines installed by the G1200 vessel to date.”

Williams Partners L.P. owns 60% of the Discovery System and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners LP owns the remaining 40%.


{{ error }}
{{ comment.comment.Name }} • {{ comment.timeAgo }}
{{ comment.comment.Text }}