Alternative Pipeline Route Options Fail To Please Landowners

November 2012, Vol. 239 No. 11

Rigzone reports landowners attended an informal meeting in Cobleskill, NY to protest the planned construction of the Constitution Pipeline by Constitution Pipeline Company LLC, a joint venture between Williams Partners and Cabot Oil & Gas. On hand were officials from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

The 121-mile, $750 million Constitution Pipeline is to connect Williams Partners’ gathering system in Susquehanna County, PA to the Iroquois Gas Transmission and Tennessee Gas Pipeline systems in Schoharie County, NY by 2015. Williams Partners will own 75% of Constitution and, through its affiliates provide construction, operation and maintenance services. Cabot will own the other 25%.

Constitution Pipeline has provided several alternatives to the original route. Cabot Oil & Gas has committed to transport 500,000 Dth/d, while Southwestern Energy Services Co., a subsidiary of Southwestern Energy Co., will transport 150,000 Dth/d for a total takeaway capacity of 650,000 Dth/d (enough natural gas to serve about 3 million homes).