The American Gas Association (AGA) announced on Oct. 10 the election of Ronald W. Jibson as chairman of the Board of Directors for 2013. Jibson is chairman, president and CEO of Questar Corp. and was elected alongside several other officers during AGA’s Annual Corporate Meeting in Boston.
“With more than 30 years of industry experience, Ron brings an understanding and passion for natural gas that is hard to match,” said Dave McCurdy, president and CEO of AGA. “Ron understands how crucial it
is to drive our industry forward through innovation while continuing to deliver clean natural gas safely and at affordable prices to customers across our nation.”
Questar Corp., based in Salt Lake City, UT, is a natural gas-focused energy company with three major lines of business – retail gas distribution, interstate gas transportation and gas production – which
are conducted through its three principal subsidiaries: Questar Gas, Questar Pipeline and Wexpro.
Jibson, 58, joined Questar Gas (formerly Mountain Fuel Supply Co.) as a design engineer in 1980 and held various engineering and administrative positions. He served as senior vice president of Questar Gas and Questar Corp. from March 2008 to June 2010. He served as executive vice president of Questar Gas Co. from March 2008 to September 2008 and also served as its vice president of operations and director of engineering.
Jibson serves as Chairman of the Board of Questar Corp. and all its subsidiaries and has been a director of those entities since July 2010. He serves as Director of the Gas Technology Institute and chair of the Western Energy Institute. He lives in Salt Lake City where he is a director of the Salt Lake Chamber and Utah Economic Development Corp. and Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Utah State University where he graduated with a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. He later received a Masters of Business Administration degree from Westminster College.
He and his wife, Janet, are the parents of three sons.
AGA’s other board officers for 2013 will be: First Vice Chairman Gregg S. Kantor, president & CEO of NW Natural (Portland, OR); Second Vice Chairman Terry D. McCallister, chairman & CEO of WGL Holdings, Inc. (Washington, DC); and Immediate Past Chairman Lawrence T. Borgard, president and COO, utilities of Integrys Energy Group (Green Bay, WI).
AGA Board of Directors Elected
The following executives will serve on the AGA Board of Directors in 2013. An asterisk (*) indicates those newly elected to three-year terms (Jan. 1, 2013 – Dec. 31, 2015) and two asterisks (**) indicates
Advisory Directories. All the others continue their service.
• William J. Akley, SVP, Maintenance & Construction, National Grid (Brooklyn, NY)
• Doyle N. Beneby, president & CEO, CPS Energy (San Antonio, TX)
• Kevin Burke, chairman & CEO, Consolidated Edison, Inc. (New York, NY)
• William N. Cantrell, president & CEO, SourceGas LLC (Golden, CO)**
• Carl L. Chapman, chairman, president & CEO, Vectren Corp. (Evansville, IN)*
• Kim R. Cocklin, president & CEO, Atmos Energy Corp. (Dallas, TX)
• Randall L. Crawford, SVP, and president, Midstream, Distribution & Commercial, EQT Corp. (Pittsburgh, PA)**
• Kenneth W. DeFontes, Jr., president & CEO, Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. (Baltimore, MD)*
• Julie A. Dill, president & CEO, Spectra Energy Partners & group vice president, Strategy, Spectra Energy Corp. (Houston, TX)**
• David R. Emery, chairman, president & CEO, Black Hills Corp. (Rapid City, SD)
• William J. Fehrman, president & CEO, MidAmerican Energy Co. (Des Moines, IA)
• Gordon L. Gillette, president, Tampa Electric Co. & Peoples Gas (Tampa, FL)
• David L. Goodin, president & CEO, MDU Utilities Group (Bismarck, ND)*
• Edward J. Graham, chairman, president & CEO, South Jersey Industries, Inc. (Folsom, NJ)
• Kimberly J. Harris, president & CEO, Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA)
• Chris Hermann, SVP, Energy Delivery, Louisville Gas and Electric Co. (Louisville, KY)
• Glenn R. Jennings, chairman, president & CEO, Delta Natural Gas Co., Inc. (Winchester, KY)
• Christopher P. Johns, president, Pacific Gas and Electric Co.(San Francisco, CA)
• Patricia L. Kampling, chairman, president & CEO, Alliant Energy (Madison, WI)
• Ralph A. LaRossa, president & COO, Public Service Electric and Gas Co. (Newark, NJ)
• Kent T. Larson, SVP, Operations, Xcel Energy Inc. (Minneapolis, MN)
• Richard J. Mark, chairman, president & CEO, Ameren Illinois (Colinsville, IL)
• David M. McClanahan, president & CEO, CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX)
• James T. McManus, II, chairman & CEO, Energen Corp. (Birmingham, AL)*
• Scott L. Morris, chairman, president & CEO, Avista Corp. (Spokane, WA)*
• Jerry Norcia, president & COO, Mich-Con, DTE Energy (Detroit, MI)
• Pierce H. Norton, II, executive vice president & COO, ONEOK, Inc. (Tulsa, OK)
• Morgan K. O’Brien, president & CEO, Peoples Natural Gas Co. (Pittsburgh, PA)*
• Rodney O. Powell, president & COO, Yankee Gas (Berlin, CT)
• John G. Russell, president & CEO, CMS Energy Corp. (Jackson, MI)
• George A. Schreiber, Jr., president & CEO, Continental Energy Systems LLC (Naples, FL)
• Jeffrey W. Shaw, president & CEO, Southwest Gas Corp. (Las Vegas, NV)
• Suzanne Sitherwood, president & CEO, The Laclede Group, Inc. (St. Louis, MO)*
• Robert C. Skaggs, Jr., president & CEO, NiSource Inc. (Merrillville, IN)
• Thomas E. Skains, chairman, president & CEO, Piedmont Natural Gas Co., Inc. (Charlotte, NC)
• Anne Shen Smith, chairman & CEO, Southern California Gas Co. (Los Angeles, CA)
• David F. Smith, chairman & CEO, National Fuel Gas Co. (Williamsville, NY)
• John W. Somerhalder II, chairman, president, & CEO, AGL Resources (Atlanta, GA)
• Gary L. Sypolt, CEO, Dominion Energy, Dominion Resources, Inc. (Richmond, VA)
• James P. Torgerson, president & CEO, UIL Holdings Corp. (New Haven, CT)
• John L. Walsh, president & COO, UGI Corp. (King of Prussia, PA)
• Craig E. White, president & CEO, Philadelphia Gas Works (Philadelphia, PA)
• John B. Williamson, III, chairman, president & CEO, RGC Resources, Inc. (Roanoke, VA)
The ex-officio (not elected) director for 2013 will be:
• Laurence M. Downes, chairman & CEO, New Jersey Resources (Wall, NJ)