As North America experiences a renaissance in oil drilling, exploration & production (E&P) spending is expected to rise in 2011. According to a recently released Barclays Capital research note a decline in dry gas drilling is predicted, offset by an increase in oil and liquids-rich activity. In the wake of this activity the Tight Oil From Shale Plays World Congress 2011 will take place in Denver in January to discuss maximizing oil recovery.
The Tight Oil From Shale Plays World Congress 2011 is to take place from the 31st January to the 1st February and will allow attendees to share cutting-edge geological and completions strategies, technologies and techniques that they are using to maximize the recovery of tight oil from shale plays.
Case studies and expert testimonials will presented by expert speakers including:
• Bruce Hart, Director of Shale, Conoco Phillips
• Jim Raney, Director Engineering & Technology, Anadarko
• Hutch Jobe, VP Geosciences & Exploration, SM Energy
• Rene LaPrade, SVP Operations, PetroBakken Energy Ltd
• Tom Sheffield, VP Rockies, Pioneer Natural Resources
• Lindell Bridges, SVP Geosciences, EQT Corporation
• Peter Loeffler, VP Exploration & Production Development, American Oil & Gas Inc
Day one will take a critical approach to evaluating the leading methodologies and technologies used to interpret geological characterization in a way that can be directly applied to successful completions. Day two follows by examining how to integrate the critical geological findings into a completions strategy demonstrated by case studies and tried and tested best practices from leading operators including Realm, Pioneer Natural Resources and Whitehawk Energy.
All those operating in oil exploration for shale plays are keenly encouraged to attend. Further information, including instructions for booking, can be found at: http://www.tight-oil-shale-plays.com/