(14 April 2009, Pipeline Asia) Cal Dive International has been awarded a contract by a large Chinese oil and gas company for pipe lay work in Bohai Bay.
The $US32 million contract will be undertaken in 130 days, utilising the Sea Horizon barge.
The company said that offshore construction is expected to commence in May 2009.
China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)holds a 51 per cent interest in the Penglai 19-3 oil field – located in Bohai Bay, approximately 200 km east of Beijing – while ConocoPhillips, as operator, holds the remaining 49 per cent. The PL19-3 oil field is the largest discovery made offshore China to date.
In addition, CNOOC holds a 100 per cent interest in the Bozhong BZ28-2S, BZ29-4, BZ28-2SN, and BZ34-1N oil fields also located in Bohai Bay. The company is also undertaking an exploration program in the nearby Qinnan Sag area.